Monday, January 26, 2009

Personal Branding - Others will Brand You

My friend Rosalind the "Brand Whisperer", mentioned that she has a difficult time articulating her own brand - and in fact she goes on to say - companies have the same problem. The branding description ends up like a functional specification. I think this is often true - self reflection is impossible without feedback from others. Its the "Others" that help you become un-lost in your branding narrative. Rosalind, in fact, has given me some of the best feedback and guidance on how to describe myself. Without me really being conscious of it - I placed an brand impression in her brain. She just related it back to me. That was valuable. So in order to develop your brand - you must apply the "Rosalind Rule" and ask for impressions from others.


Living at the Nexus of Technology, Service, Marketing and Evangelism @ JeffreyBlake.com

No comments: